Entering the Cloud of Witnesses

I will be going to the 217th General Assembly of the PC(USA) in Birmingham, AL called "So Great a Cloud of Witnesses." I am a Theological Student Advisory Delegate otherwise known as a TSAD. I have voice and vote in committee and voice on the floor. They poll the advisory delegates prior to major votes to assertain their opinion. Join me on my summer adventure into the life of the larger church.

Name:
Location: Kansas City, United States

I am a teacher and a preacher with a love of music and knowledge. Born in raised in Norman, OK I am Sooner born and Sooner bred!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Adventure Begins in a Week

Next week at this time I will be in Birmingham, AL and hopefully will be done with my first committee meeting. General Assembly starts and I am on one of two committees that meets on Wednesday. As I have discovered, I am on the committee that meets, and meets, and meets forever amen.

This is the blog of my adventures into General Assembly and then a few weeks after to Montreat for a conference entitled "The Hope of the Church." This summer could be a major crossroads or turning point for the Presbyterian Church and I hope to share my views and insights of it through this blog. I have been granted an incredible opportunity to be a part of the life of the larger church this summer thanks to my classmates for electing me to be a Theological Student Delegate (TSAD) and to my home church, especially the Presbyterian Women's Thrift Shop, for funding for the Montreat Conference.

I will keep you updated on my preparation for GA this week and the goings on at the Assembly.

Please keep the Commissioners, Delegates and GA staff in your prayers in the coming weeks as we meet to discern where God is calling the PC(USA) to grow and to go.

Peace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

go future moderator!!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home