Entering the Cloud of Witnesses

I will be going to the 217th General Assembly of the PC(USA) in Birmingham, AL called "So Great a Cloud of Witnesses." I am a Theological Student Advisory Delegate otherwise known as a TSAD. I have voice and vote in committee and voice on the floor. They poll the advisory delegates prior to major votes to assertain their opinion. Join me on my summer adventure into the life of the larger church.

Name:
Location: Kansas City, United States

I am a teacher and a preacher with a love of music and knowledge. Born in raised in Norman, OK I am Sooner born and Sooner bred!

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thursday morning

This morning Tracy Julian and I have been talking about what the fallout from all this will be. I think that there will be some who leave, but I think many Presbyterians are just ready to move forward. There are many advocacy groups on both sides who are upset with the decisions, but now is the time for them to back off.

Constitutional Presbyterians have put statements in our GA mailboxes asking for those who agree to join them. New Wineskins will meet in Tulsa in July. Two presbyteries threatened to leave over recommendation 5 before GA, to them I say go with God's peace and may you find somewhere to love and serve the Lord. I am not going to beg anyone to stay, nor will I fight with someone to leave, but through this all I pray for God's guidance as we step in whatever direction it might be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

karen, as a child, i played with kids in the neighborhood in the streets...we played kickball a lot...rollerskated, whatnot...inevidably there was always someone who didn't get to kick enough, or who just didn't get their way regarding how they perceived the game to be played...the threat was always, "if you don't let me do (whatever it was) i'm going home..."

as children, we try to console or make arrangements that might help the situation- because someone going home might have meant trouble for those of us who are still in the street playing nicely together...

i may be oversimplifying, but the threat to leave the game (not meant in a bad way) is happening...the older i have become, the more i understand that there will always be people who leave the game that is being played- especially when it is not according to their rules or regulations...

i detest that people yell and think that volume is a persuasion mechanism...i guess it's time to see who is still playing the game and who is interested in playing together for the long haul...

it has been nice to hear and read your perspective on the whole situation...i look up to you and your wisdom and am confident you represented us with a discerning heart...i don't think we see eye to eye on some things- but we are still going to play the game together, right? much love to you...be safe coming home...

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home