Entering the Cloud of Witnesses

I will be going to the 217th General Assembly of the PC(USA) in Birmingham, AL called "So Great a Cloud of Witnesses." I am a Theological Student Advisory Delegate otherwise known as a TSAD. I have voice and vote in committee and voice on the floor. They poll the advisory delegates prior to major votes to assertain their opinion. Join me on my summer adventure into the life of the larger church.

Name:
Location: Kansas City, United States

I am a teacher and a preacher with a love of music and knowledge. Born in raised in Norman, OK I am Sooner born and Sooner bred!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

After shock

I have been reading the letters to the editor of the Layman. Lots of doom and gloom. I wonder what has happened to the fruits of the Spirit. The lack there of makes me wonder about the writers of the letter. I have always found for me that when fruits of the Spirit manifest in my attitudes and behaviors, I am more aligned with the will of God.

Makes me think that PUP is really about people not getting what they wanted. Maybe what the church needs is a good dose of humility. A reminder of our total depravity as we look up to God. A reminder that we are not "all that and a bag of chips."

Peace

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobbie Giltz McGarey said...

Hello Sister,
John told me to read your blog and so I had some time tonight. Wow, really well done. I watched on the internet and was fairly pleased with most comments.
However I also agree about some of the after-comments that are seemingly without compassion or open-ness.
I related this to others but years ago when we lived in Utah a Mormon neighbor of one of our members came to the church to talk with me about her marriage. At one point she said, "My husband said if I ever drink another cup of coffee he'll divorce me"
When I related this to John at home he said, "Did you offer her cream with that coffee because he is going to find some reason to divorce her."

Sigh. This is what I think about those who leave threats in their wake. A test I tend to apply is... is it about power or is it about God's love? If it is about power-over somenone else that's not God's love. If it about God then it's about mutuality.
In all of this I say
God abides and I trust and thank God!

Bobbie G. McGarey
southwestparish.blogspot.com

12:33 AM  
Blogger Karen Wagner said...

Thanks Bobbie
GA was a great experience. I learned a lot and enjoyed sitting with John. I am still trying to download all that is in my head and my heart. I am looking forward to going to Montreat. Enjoy Indonesia! Peace

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home