Entering the Cloud of Witnesses

I will be going to the 217th General Assembly of the PC(USA) in Birmingham, AL called "So Great a Cloud of Witnesses." I am a Theological Student Advisory Delegate otherwise known as a TSAD. I have voice and vote in committee and voice on the floor. They poll the advisory delegates prior to major votes to assertain their opinion. Join me on my summer adventure into the life of the larger church.

Name:
Location: Kansas City, United States

I am a teacher and a preacher with a love of music and knowledge. Born in raised in Norman, OK I am Sooner born and Sooner bred!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Montreat and the Hope of the Church

Next week I leave for Montreat, NC. I am attending the "Hope of the Church: Celelbrating Common Ground Conference"
Thursday is "State of the Church and Visioning for the Future" with Jack haberer, Mark Achtemeier, Barbara Wheeler, Susan Andrews and Joan Gray. It is followed by "How is the church being called to transform itself" with Syngman Rhee, Jack Rogers, Herb Valentine, Price Gwynn, and Robert Bohl. Thursday afternoon is "How is the church being called to transform the world?" with John FIfe, Marj Carpenter, Louis Weeks, Fahed Abu-Akel, and John Buchanan.

Friday PUP Report discussions with W. Stacy Johnson, Jack Haberer, Barbara Wheeler, and Mark Achtemeier. Then "What is God calling the next genereation of pastors to do to faithfully serve the church in the future: with Cynthia Campbell, Dean Thompson, Phil Butin, Doug Oldenburg and David Wallace as well as "What are the opportunities for ministering to a diverse and multicultural 21st century church" with Ted Wardlaw, David Dobler, Bill Carl, Freda Gardner, and Pat Brown.

Worship will be led by Joan Gray, Iain Torrence, Laura Mendenhall and Rick Ufford-Chase.

I am looking forward to taking part in discussions as we begin looking forward after GA. This will be an interesting summer as many affinity groups begin meeting as well. I'll keep you posted.

Peace

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Morehead said...

Sounds great.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home