Entering the Cloud of Witnesses

I will be going to the 217th General Assembly of the PC(USA) in Birmingham, AL called "So Great a Cloud of Witnesses." I am a Theological Student Advisory Delegate otherwise known as a TSAD. I have voice and vote in committee and voice on the floor. They poll the advisory delegates prior to major votes to assertain their opinion. Join me on my summer adventure into the life of the larger church.

Name:
Location: Kansas City, United States

I am a teacher and a preacher with a love of music and knowledge. Born in raised in Norman, OK I am Sooner born and Sooner bred!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

May We Do Something Good With It

This post is otherwise titled Hope of the Church at Montreat.

Well, I have arrived at Montreat (my first time) and we opened tonight with a worship service led by Moderator Joan Gray. Her sermon text was John 15:9-17, which happens to contain my favorite verse. (15:13). Her sermon focused on 15:12 "This is my commandment that you love one another." She talked about how some people are easy to love, but what about those who we are challenged to love. How do we do that?

This is love "in spite of," love that surpasses what we as humans are able to do in our finite capacity to love, this is love that can only come from God. Through God, we have been given all that we need to excel. Through God we have all the resources necessary, but only through God. I wish I had brought my bulletin down with me as I could put more detail in, but that will have to wait til tomorrow.

For tonight I will leave you with the prayer that the President of Montreat opened with. One of the keynote speakers 15 years ago used it every time he opened.
"Lord, thank you for this day. May we do something good with it. Amen"

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home